Looking for a tasty, no-fuss lunch you can enjoy anywhere? These veggie wraps with hummus have got you covered!
Enjoy this creamy hummus and a colorful array of fresh, crunchy vegetables on a wrap. They’re perfect for lunch or dinner and promise to satisfy your taste buds.
So go ahead, treat yourself to these mouthwatering plant-based delights!
This wrap is perfect whether it’s lunch at home, dinner on the sofa, or a picnic in the park. And, if you’re feeling creative, check out the notes for some tasty twists! Time to get wrapping!
For this recipe, you will need the following Ingredients:
- Whole-grain or Spinach Tortillas: You will use these for the base of your wrap.
- Hummus: A creamy and flavorful spread made from chickpeas, tahini, lemon, and garlic. It adds richness and a delightful taste to your wrap. You can use either whole wheat or gluten-free wraps.
- Mixed Greens: Feel free to replace it with your favorite leafy greens, baby kale, arugula, etc.
- Cucumber: Thinly sliced cucumber adds a refreshing and crisp texture to your wrap.
- Red Bell Pepper: Sliced red bell peppers bring a delightful mix of sweetness and tanginess, along with a bold red color to brighten up your wrap.
- Red Onion: Thinly sliced red onions provide a zesty and flavorful element to your wrap.
- Carrot: Carrot strips offer natural sweetness and a satisfying crunch to enhance your wrap’s texture and taste.
- Salt and Pepper: These seasonings help boost flavors and allow you to adjust your wrap’s seasoning to your preference.
- Veggies: Use your favorite seasonal vegetables, like eggplant, yellow summer squash, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, onion, or any others you love.
- Hummus: Instead of plain hummus, try flavored varieties like Chipotle Taco Hummus, Lemon Dill Hummus, or Cilantro Jalapeno Hummus for extra zest.
- Extra Protein: Boost your wrap’s protein by adding crispy baked tofu, tempeh bacon, chickpeas, or other beans.
- Seasonings: Enhance the roasted veggies by tossing them in seasonings like onion powder, Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, oregano, smoked paprika, or a touch of Cashew Pesto for added herby flavor.
- Oil-Free Option: The hummus and roasted veggies are oil-free. While finding oil-free store-bought tortillas is tough, you can make your own if necessary.
If you’d like to make it crispy, put your wrap on a stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes until it’s nicely toasted.
How To Customize Your Veggie Wraps
You can customize your hummus veggie wrap with various options to make it even more delicious. Here are some serving ideas:
- Sauce and Dressings: Drizzle your favorite sauce or dressing inside the wrap for added flavor. Consider tahini, vegan ranch, or balsamic vinaigrette.
- Fresh Veggies: Boost the veggie goodness by adding fresh greens like spinach, arugula, or microgreens to your wrap.
- Add Vegan Cheese: If you like cheesy flavors, sprinkle some vegan cheese shreds or slices onto the hummus before adding the roasted veggies. It’ll melt beautifully and add a delightful cheesy touch to your wrap.
Feel free to mix and match these options, or get creative with your additions to create the perfect customized hummus veggie wraps. Enjoy!
To store your hummus veggie wraps, wrap it tightly in plastic or foil and refrigerate for 2-3 days.
Keep ingredients separate in airtight containers in the fridge to maintain freshness so you can enjoy or share them with family or friends.
If you like this recipe, please leave a comment below.
Veggie Wrap With Hummus
Enjoy a delicious and hassle-free lunch option that's perfect for eating on the go. These hummus veggie wraps are a tasty choice for your busy days!
- 4 whole-grain or spinach tortillas
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 cup mixed greens (e.g., spinach, arugula)
- 1 cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 carrot (thinly sliced into strips)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lay out each tortilla.
- Spread a generous amount of hummus onto each tortilla.
- Layer on mixed greens, cucumber slices, red bell pepper slices, red onion slices, and carrot strips.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll up the tortillas tightly, tucking in the sides as you go.
- Slice each wrap in half diagonally.
- Serve immediately or wrap in parchment paper for on-the-go snacking.
If you are enjoying this veggie and hummus vegan wrap recipe, also check out this Easy Vegan French Toast Recipe